Every Monday I receive an inspiring meditation in my email. Today’s was so powerful i wanted to share with my readership. This is Jamal Subert–my new friend I have yet to meet. Enjoy and be encouraged! “The Churchlady”
Last Tuesday, as I sat watching the polls close and the numbers come in, CNN declared Barack Obama the next president of the United States. Overwhelmed with tears of joy, I began to think about family and friends who did not live to see this day.
My mind immediately thought about Joshua and the Children of Israel and how the Lord did not allow Moses to cross over into the promise land.
So much blood has been shed and so many tears have been cried for our generation to be part of this day.
Anything is possible, do we still have work to do?YES.
Do we still have hills to climb? YES.
YES, but today: Victory is:
– after 200 plus years of slavery, 70 years of racial oppression and Jim Crow laws, we can look into our children’s eyes and truthfully tell them anything is possible.
– knowing that the blood of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Medgar Evers have cried out once again but this time America answered.
– knowing that I could vote and not meet the same grave met by Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner the three Civil Rights workers.
– seeing a strong black woman, educated and well-capable in her own right, standing proudly by her man. Proverbs 31:11 (NKJV) The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain.
– seeing a strong black stable household, an endangered entity in our time; occupy the White House as a symbol of family.
– knowing that the honor of Sally Hemmings and the legacy of Black women will be changed from mistress to First Lady.
– seeing a black man win a presidential election not because of the color of his skin, but on the basis of intelligence and sheer brilliance.
– knowing that indeed, Robert Kennedy died a prophet in 1968, proclaiming that America could have a Black President in 40 yrs.
– knowing that the next first lady of the United States of America is a Black woman named Michelle LaVaughn.
– announcing that the next president of the United States of America is Barack Hussein Obama.
Victory is that we said “YES WE CAN” and Knowing — YES, WE DID!